English Cheesecake is slightly different from the classic New York Cheesecake in that it is not baked and the base is made from Digestive biscuits. This celebration cheesecake features smooth cream cheese, chocolate, and the wonderful creamy Irish cream liqueur – Baileys. Go on spoil yourself and your guests.
Irish cream and chocolate cheesecake
100g/3½oz unsalted butter
250g/8¾oz digestive biscuits, crushed (available from the international section of most supermarkets and Amazon.com)
600g/1lb 5oz cream cheese
25ml/1fl oz Baileys or other Irish cream liqueur
100ml/3½oz confectioners sugar
300ml/10½oz heavy whipping cream, whipped
100g/3½oz grated dark chocolate
cocoa powder, to dust
- Melt the butter in a medium sized pan and add the crushed digestive biscuits. Mix well until the biscuits have absorbed all the butter.
- Remove from the heat and press into the bottom of a lined 18cm/7in springform tin. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for one hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Lightly whip the cream cheese then beat in the Irish cream and the confectioners sugar.
- In a separate bowl whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff.
- Fold the whipped cream and grated chocolate into the cheese mixture. When smooth, spoon evenly onto the biscuit base.
- Refrigerate and allow to set for a further two hours. Once set, remove and decorate with the cocoa powder dusted over the top. Serve.
Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This recipe contains alcohol.
Adapted from the original recipe on bbc.co.uk/food